Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Audit of Parliament

Very rarely do I look to the Toronto Star for good news, but today is the exception with reports Auditor General Sheila Fraser wants to open the books for the House of Commons and the Senate.

Only a few days ago, I wrote a post asking for greater transparency with Parliamentary expenses. It appears I may get my wish, but Fraser is going to have to fight tooth and nail to gain access to their books. I wouldn't be surprised if parliamentary privlege is invoked (repeatedly) to prevent her access.

At the end of the day, MPs and Senators are on my dime, so I want to know where it goes. It's not asking too much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luca Manfredi said...

I wonder if Canadian MPs and Senators have been indulging in lavish spending on the taxpayer's dime as well. I somehow think there's less scope for abuse as there isn't a second home allowance, but I might be wrong.

9:54 AM  
Blogger IngenuityGap said...

Some of these "honourable MPs and Senators could milk a rock for money.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home